There are many benefits having a regular meditation practice can have in supporting mental health and wellness.
Have you heard about how incredible meditation can be for your mental health? Want to know more?
I have been practicing meditation full time now for almost 6 years. Before that I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. I have taught my signature style fusion classes to students all over the world, and watched like a proud parent, as each one has grown and transformed through their own journey with their mental health, supported by their meditation practice.
There are just too many mental health benefits for me to list in one go, so I have chosen ten, for now. Take a look.
Here are ten mental health benefits:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Meditation can help to regulate the body’s stress response, leading to a decrease in anxiety and stress levels.
- Improves focus and concentration: Meditation can help to improve focus and concentration by training the mind to be more present and aware of the present moment.
- Increases self-awareness: Meditation can help to increase self-awareness by encouraging the practitioner to be more present and aware of their thoughts, feelings, and sensations.
- Enhances emotional well-being: Meditation can help to regulate emotions, leading to increased emotional well-being and a sense of overall happiness and contentment.
- Increases compassion and empathy: Regular meditation can help to cultivate a more compassionate and empathetic attitude towards oneself and others.
- Improves sleep: Meditation can help to improve sleep by calming the mind and relaxing the body, leading to a better quality of sleep.
- Reduces chronic pain: Meditation can help to reduce chronic pain by decreasing the body’s perception of pain and increasing the production of pain-relieving hormones.
- Improves cardiovascular health: Meditation can help to improve cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Boosts the immune system: Regular meditation can help to boost the immune system by increasing the production of antibodies and white blood cells.
- Increases feelings of gratitude: Meditation can help to increase feelings of gratitude and appreciation for the present moment, leading to a greater sense of overall well-being.
The health benefits meditation can have on the health of our body and mind is endless. So much more than the ten incredible examples listed above. If you would like to start your own regular practice or discover tools to help you better support not only your mental wellness but your physical health too, you can take a look at the website and book in a free consultation for some bespoke support.
Laura Rowe founder of Align Lifestyle